Friday, April 23, 2010

for mosaic sake





Is more than two a collection? If so, then this is my collection of vintage mosaic home wares. From top to bottom we have a trivet, a dish and a decorative wall plate. I'm rather fond of this little collection and am keenly awaiting the opportunity to expand its ranks! I once found a lovely pair of pastel mosaic lamp bases at Chapel St Bazaar, at $400 for the pair I was happy just to look at them, but I would love to find something like that again, a real statement piece!

I don't know much about the history of these items. I haven't been able to find any information on the web and there are no makers marks or signatures on the backs of the pieces. The large plate above did have a 'made in Italy' sticker on the back and I wonder if they weren't produced for the tourist market.

Do you know anything about this stuff? Let me know! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks ever so for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails