Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Mother Load





Of all the things I collect, vintage towels would have to be my favourites. I LOVE colour and pattern and nothing  deals up a good serve of both like a brilliant vintage towel! I found these on Saturday at the local St Vinnies and I can't believe my luck, half of them have never been used! I have plans for a few of the older ones, bib's for Freddy, some new bath mats and a change mat for a friend who's having a baby. I really like seeing them all pegged out on the clothes line, but I keep looking at the grass thinking, you're really going to have to mow that! Ah, it never ends.

8 comments:

  1. GAH! They are amazing! And I'd just keep them out on the line if I were you, no one will notice the lawn with those there anyway! *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just this afternoon I was discussing with friends how everyone walks in to an opshop with their own agenda. I head straight for the manchester, one of my friends for the clothes, one for the habedashery and one for the books. It never occured to me that someone out there is collecting towels. Those look amazing by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love with my Nan's 'guest towels' a gazillion years ago, they were just so vibrant. I think they're the manchester equivalent of sweets, and I have one hell of a sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often keep a half eye out for vintage towels, but never before have I seen the likes of these! Stunning! And I'm so glad that someone else takes photos of their op-washing... I'm forever tempted to do so and then I'm all like 'nah I feel silly' and then I go ahead and take 'em anyway... Dishes too. Which I have also blogged about. I don't get out a heck of a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great especially displayed on the classic Hills Hoist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing, I would never have thought about vintage towels (oh no, something else to collect!). I do have a box of vintage towelling curtains that I collected a while ago but don't know what to do with them, I made some into cushions for our bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaah, SO pretty! I just got my email update from Amy Butler Designs and she has a new towel range that must have been inspired by these vintage towels, but you know what? Yours are much prettier, and cheaper he he!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ever so for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails