Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Mikasa!


I love vintage Mikasa a very lot. I also love receiving gifts and getting things in the mail so today when this lovely sugar bowl and creamer arrived I was a little bit tickled. Zigsma from Ope Shope Hope has been trying to win me over with gifts as part of her bid for the 2018 soccer world cup and if this the sort of stuff us delegates can expect to be showered with then she gets my vote...ehem

Thank You very much Zigsma! 

I'm now really keen to try and replace my whole dinner set with this range, its called 'Saffron' on account of the saffron yellow glaze one can assume. Keep your eye's peeled people, EYES PEELED! 

on another bent, the venerable Carmel from Make Mine Mid Century has nominated me for a Cherry on top award YAY! (she thinks I'm clever).


The award requires me to list 3 things I like...only three things, this could be difficult. Then forward the award on to four other worthy blogs in need of some sweet cherry recognition.

so here goes, three things I like.

1. Sonny and the Sunsets, this song in particular. This album will be my soundtrack to summer, because everyone needs one of those.

2. Home made lemon cordial. With plentiful lemons and thirsts to be quenched, I will be making loads of this sunny elixir this summer. 

3. This skirt for Christmas. Pockets, pleats and buttons, LOVE IT.


I'm tagging 

Sophie from Shine Little Light because there's always so much going on in that head of hers.
Zigsma from Ope Shope Hope because we have the same birthday and she gives me stuff (thanks peeps)
Woolfe from Woolfenbell because she was one of the first to read my blog and everyone knows Belgians are kind of crazy.
and last but not least
Stella from The Golden Adventures of a very dark horse because I love her blog and her shop Frank and Dean and because she illustrated my blog header.


nighty night peeps

x


7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I love Mikasa Duplex by Ben Seibel.

    It is quite up my alley. Your taste is right up there too!

    It's good to gift and be gifted. I'm checking your blog suggestions.

    Yours in contemplating tea sets,

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW! I love Cherrys! *s*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you!! What an honour! And might I say, your blog was one of the first I ever read, and still a firm favourite! I'll keep an eye out for pieces for your new collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And you're very welcome!! And thank you!!! I'll have a glass of that lemonade thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well hello, you silly gal' and d**n, are you serious?
    i guess a huge THANK YOU is in order... ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the exact same milk jug from Vinnies at Bankstown this week for $2! No other pieces were there though ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks ever so for taking the time to say hi!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails